Journey through the Ramp.

Twenty Four Year Old Priya Nayak whose initial plans were that of becoming a research scientist after completing a masters degree in Biotechnology; has now come a long way and made a name for herself in the world of modelling. In-between her busy schedule, she enjoys reading crime and horror novels and particularly digs PG Wodehouse and Agatha Christie. The gorgeous and hardworking Priya Nayak, made it to the top 5 of Femina Miss. India. Puja Goyal caught up with Priya for BVT on what it takes to be a Model... excerpts from the interview...

Source: Vijay Times, BVT LifeStyle - 4.
Copyright © 2005 Puja Goyal.

What is the best incentive in your line of career?
The best incentive of this profession is that you get paid well for looking gorgeous, glamorous, wearing the best designer clothes & being famous.

Is it easy to sustain yourself in this industry considering that Model Coordinators are always on the lookout for new faces?
Like any other profession hard work dedication sincerity are needed here as well. Many new faces are discovered every single day but only those survive who are really good & can face fierce competition. It's survival of the fittest. If you're good you will be able to sustain

Experience in your first Modelling assignment.
My first photo shoot was when I shot for my first ever portfolio. I hadn't the slightest clue about how to pose or emote in front of the camera. I just did what I felt like… from then on I learnt from my mistakes trial & error & observing senior models. Similarly at my first ramp show I didn't know how to catwalk but thankfully I managed fine & got noticed because of my height. Slowly & steadily work started to come in.

Tell us more about the run to Miss India...
I always wanted to participate in Miss India it was my dream from the time I was 14 yrs old. So I took part this year coz I felt confident & the time was right. It was a wonderful, educative, enriching, exhausting, exciting & once in a lifetime experience. I worked hard thru the contest in my own quiet way without trying to attract unnecessary attention. I made to the final Top 5 but of course I was eyeing the main title. I sincerely felt I deserved it & so did a lot of other people.

Would you recommend the line?
Yes, I would recommend this profession to youngsters if you have all the right ingredients. It's a different high being on the ramp & being in front of the camera. My tip to aspiring models is to keep your head firmly placed on your shoulders while entering this field because there are many distractions which could lead you on the wrong track. So be focussed on your work there are no short cuts to long lived success.

What is your Mantra to survival in this competitive Modelling world?
My mantra to survival is being focussed; I am honest to myself & my profession. Hard work and sincerity are indispensable for me. I never compromise on my ideals & principles.

(click on image to read article)

Comments