You are Tuned into...

(Source: Vijay Times, BVT Pg 4.)
Copyright © 2005 Puja Goyal

N Harish (25 years) is a young man originally from Doddarayapete, Mysore District who came to Bangalore for the first time in 1997 and was looking forward to seeing Vidhana Soudha. "Vidhana Soudha was something I could only imagine in my dreams. I had only seen it on T.V. and now I was seeing it for real… It was 12 November 1997, I still remember the date!" Harish says excitedly. He has come a long way since then.

An ex- student of Ms Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Harish has studied Industrial Engineering and Management, but his talent and inner drive to pursue art and culture prompted him to choose compeering, radio jockeying with FM Rainbow and hosting shows on the television.

Harish, who is currently RJing on FM Rainbow, speaks to BVT on his career with media…
N. Harish

Puja: What drew you towards the medium of radio?

Harish: I was attached to the radio since childhood, and wanted to do something in that line. The best part of radio is that you can show various emotions through the voice, and gain recognition.

Puja: Can you recall any unusual incident while hosting your show?

Harish: Yes, in one of my shows, I was discussing issues regarding the environment with this listener, on -air, and after the entire conversation was over… he told me that he was blind. That touched me.

The other time I had gone to host the Gadinadda Utsava and a bunch of young girls came to take my autograph and photos, this was really something I was not used to.

Puja: Do you pursue any other interests?

Harish: Besides RJing, I have been involved in television, wherein I have been a part of a few episodes of the Kannada serial Papa Pandu . I have also hosted shows on Chandana TV, Taragalatota, and Jaanapada, which is a folklore program.

Puja: What about Kannada movies? Would you like to try a hand on that now?

Harish: I am happy doing what I am doing now. Period.(laughs)

Puja: What is the one thing that keeps you going?

Harish: I want to work for a responsible medium, in any form. I am a persin who believes in commitment and repsonsibility. There has to be consistent commitment and interest in your field then you can do wonders. Needless to say this is what I believe in and I guess I have kept it up in my work too.

Puja: Your philosophy on life?

Harish: Work hard, Work sharp!

Comments